East Tennessee State University
Approved by the Tennessee Board of Regents, January 2010
East Tennessee State University prepares students to become productive, enlightened citizens who actively serve their communities and our world. Education is the university’s foremost goal. ETSU provides outstanding programs of study, enhanced access to education, and distinctive educational and research opportunities to attract students from around the region and the world. ETSU affirms that a diverse population is necessary for the intellectual, social, economic, and professional development of our campus and regional communities. Innovation and integration of educational programs, opportunities and scholarly activities enable ETSU to enrich the cultural and intellectual environment, advance economic development, and increase the level of educational attainment of our community and region. Innovation is advanced through entrepreneurial initiatives, interdisciplinary collaboration, and community and international partnerships. The research mission of ETSU advances scholarly and creative activity that enhances the teaching and learning environment and benefits the regional, national, and global communities we serve.
ETSU awards degrees in over one hundred baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs, including distinctive interdisciplinary programs. The university provides strong, comprehensive educational, research, and service programs in the health sciences that advance the health and wellness of people throughout Tennessee and Southern Appalachia and of rural populations around the world. ETSU affirms the value of a liberal education and life-long learning by providing broadly enriching experiences through opportunities such as honors education, student research and creative activities, international study, community service, internships, and professional development. ETSU also affirms the importance of a total college experience by offering a rich campus life of cultural and artistic programs, diverse student activities, a variety of residential opportunities, and outstanding recreational and intercollegiate athletic programs.
Approved by the Tennessee Board of Regents, May 2014
East Tennessee State University prepares students to become productive, enlightened citizens who actively serve their communities and our world. Education is the university’s highest priority, and the institution is committed to increasing the level of educational attainment in the state and region. The university conducts a wide array of educational and research programs and clinical services and is the only Academic Health Sciences Center in the Tennessee Board of Regents System. Through research, creative activity and public service ETSU advances the cultural, intellectual and economic development of the region and the world.
· ETSU endorses the value of liberal education and provides enriching experiences in honors education, student research and creative activity, study abroad, service learning, and community-based education.
· ETSU honors and preserves the rich heritage of Southern Appalachia through distinctive education, research and service programs and is actively engaged in regional stewardship.
· ETSU affirms the contribution of diverse people, cultures and thought to intellectual, social and economic development.
· ETSU offers students a total university experience that includes cultural and artistic programs, diverse student activities, a variety of residential opportunities, and outstanding recreational and intercollegiate athletic programs.
· ETSU awards degrees in over one hundred baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs, including distinctive interdisciplinary programs and distance education offerings that serve students from the region and beyond.
Clinical Nutrition: Add “Advanced Standing Option: 29 credit hours” under Total Requirements as was indicated on initial proposal