May 18, 2024  
2010-2011 Graduate Catalog 
2010-2011 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Help with Problems

Other student issues are addressed in the “Policies and Procedures ” section of this catalog.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I find and apply for a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship?

To apply for a Graduate Assistantship (GA) or Tuition Scholarship (TS), you must first check the appropriate box on the graduate paper application, or indicate “Yes” on the online application that you are interested in these awards. Once you have submitted your application, it will be forwarded to the  graduate coordinator assigned to your program. We strongly encourage you to contact the department in which you wish to work and express your interest in a GA or TS. If you are unable to find a position in your department, you can find postings of other available GA and TS positions on our web site at

2. I’m from Buncombe County, N.C., or Wise County, V.A. Do I qualify for a border county waiver of out-of-state tuition?

No, but you may qualify for other awards. Please contact the School of Graduate Studies for additional information.

3. How many graduate hours taken at ETSU or another university can I transfer into my graduate program at ETSU?

Nine hours, maximum. For more information about transfer of course hours, see “Transfer of Credit .”

4. If I receive an Incomplete in a course, how long do I have to complete the coursework?

One calendar year is the maximum amount of time to finish an Incomplete. See “Incomplete Grades ” for more information.

5. How do I register for my courses?

Registration online is available through Goldlink. Visit for registration instructions and login. You can also register in person at the Registrar’s Office, 102 Dossett Hall, 423-439-4230.

6. How do I pay my fees at ETSU?

You can pay fees online, by mail, or in person. Bills for tuition and fees are not mailed to students. To see your account statement, visit To pay online, you must use Visa, Discover, or MasterCard and have a student ID number. You can mail checks to Office of the Comptroller, Box 70719, ETSU, Johnson City, TN 37614. Be sure to mail your check in time to be received in the Comptroller’s Office before the payment deadline. To pay in person, see a cashier in the Comptroller’s Office, 202 Dossett Hall.

7. How do I get a parking sticker at ETSU?

For information about parking stickers for campus parking and parking regulations, contact the Parking Services Office, 908 W. Maple St., 423-439-5650.

8. How do I get an e-mail account at ETSU?

All ETSU students have Goldmail e-mail accounts and receive important campus messages through these accounts. To access your Goldmail account, see