Phone: (423) 439-5804
The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree with three (3) areas of concentration: Computer Science, Information Systems Science, and Information Technology. The Information Systems Science Concentration requires a minor in Management or Accountancy. A minor is not required in the other concentrations.
In order to graduate, a computer and information sciences major must attain:
- An overall GPA of 2.50 or better; and
- A GPA of 2.50 or better in all computer and information science courses; and
- A grade of “C -” or better in all major requirements. This includes both common core and concentration specific courses, but not natural
- A minimum grade of “C” in ENGL 1010 and ENGL 1020 .
- A minimum grade of “C-” in all math courses required for the major.
All concentrations must complete 124 credit hours, including the ETSU General Education Requirements, the Common Computer and Information Sciences Core, and the Concentration Specific Courses.
CSCI majors must pass the proficiency exam or complete CSCI 1100 (Using Information Technology) prior to accumulating 33 semester credit hours.