Jan 25, 2021
College of Business and Technology
Computing Minor Program Information
Department of Computer and Information Sciences
PO Box 70711
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN 37614-1266
Grade Requirement Policy
For satisfactory progression in the major or minor, the student must attain:
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or better; and
- A GPA of 2.5 or better in all computing courses; and
- A grade of B- or better in CSCI 1250 and CSCI 1260 .
- A grade of “C-” or better in all other major requirements. This includes both common core and concentration-specific courses and all courses from other departments that satisfy major requirements.
- A minimum grade of “C” in ENGL 1010 and ENGL 1020 .
All computing majors or minors may attempt CSCI courses a maximum of three times. An attempt is defined as registering for and remaining enrolled in a course after the third week of the semester. (Withdrawing from a course after the third week of the semester is considered an attempt.)
Computing majors and minors will be required to change their program of study if these requirements cannot be met.
All concentrations must complete 124 credits, including the ETSU General Education Requirements, the common computing core, and the concentration-specific courses.
CISC majors must pass the proficiency exam or complete CSCI 1100 - Using Information Technology prior to accumulating 30 credits.
Computing Minor: 23 credit hours
A minor is a secondary area of study outside of the major program of study with a structured curriculum composed of at least 18 semester credit hours of which at least 9 hours must be at the 3000-level or above.
Required Courses: 11 credit hours
Guided Upper Division Electives: 9 credit hours
Any 3000- or 4000-level CSCI set of courses excluding Cooperative Education courses or Internship courses.