May 20, 2018
General Program Information
Graduate School Contact
Don Rice; firstname.lastname@example.org; 423-439-6158
Dr. Myra Clark, PhD, FNP-C, Director of Graduate Programs
207 Roy Nicks Hall
Dr. Donna Fraysier, Graduate Coordinator
292 Roy S. Nicks Hall
The Executive Leadership concentration offers a Post-DNP certificate for nurses who have completed a DNP degree in nursing. This customized special studies program provides education and clinical training in the Executive Leadership role.
Application deadline are as follows:
Target dates for applications (dates for all materials to be received by the School of Graduate Studies) are:
Fall Admission April 15
Spring Admission October 15
Summer Admission February 15
Students may be admitted to the Post-DNP Graduate Certificate programs in one of two ways:
- as DNP degree-holding applicants. These individuals must hold the earned DNP degree with a designated concentration in advanced clinical practice or nursing administration; OR
- as concurrently enrolled ETSU DNP degree program students. Concurrently enrolled ETSU DNP degree program students must:
- be in academic good standing; and
- have completed BSTA 5310 or equivalent; NRSE 5000; NRSE 5001;
- for the Nurse Practitioner Post-DNP Graduate Certificate programs (FNP, A/GNP, or PMHNP), have completed NRSE 5009; NRSE 5010; NRSE 5016 or in progress; and NRSE 5018 or in progress.
Applicants seeking admission to the Post-DNP Graduate Certificate programs must fulfill all the requirements for admission to both the ETSU School of Graduate Studies and the CON.
The School of Graduate Studies requires that all students submit the following materials:
- a completed application with payment of nonrefundable application fee;
- official transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate coursework;
- a written essay.
Additional requirements for admission to the Post-DNP Graduate Certificate programs include:
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the United States and eligibility for licensure in Tennessee or equivalency for international students;
- A cover letter expressing the applicant’s personal goals for Post-DNP Graduate Certificate study;
- A current resume or vita.
- Earned DNP degree with a designated concentration in advanced clinical practice or nursing administration. Transcript documentation of content equivalent to the DNP degree program core (26 credits) is required for all DNP degree-holding applicants. Students without this content will be required to take courses from the DNP degree core to make up any deficiencies. For the Nurse Practitioner Post-DNP Graduate Certificate programs (FNP, A/GNP, or PMHNP), transcript documentation of content equivalent to NRSE 5009; NRSE 5010; NRSE 5016; and NRSE 5018, the Advanced Practice Nursing Core (12 credits) is required. Applicants without this content will be required to take the missing coursework; OR
- Concurrently enrolled ETSU DNP degree program student with completion of BSTA 5310 or equivalent; NRSE 5000; NRSE 5001; and for the Nurse Practitioner Post-DNP Graduate Certificates (FNP, A/GNP, or PMHNP), completion of NRSE 5009, NRSE 5010, NRSE 5016 or in progress, and NRSE 5018 or in progress.