Dec 01, 2021
2020-2021 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Interior Architecture Major, B.S.
Department of Engineering, Engineering Technology and Surveying
PO Box 70552
Phone: (423) 439-7833
Web Address: www.etsu.edu/cbat/applieddesign/interior-architecture/
Dean Isham, Interior Architecture Program Coordinator
Accreditation: The Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and National Association of Schools of Art & Design (NASAD).
ETSU’s Interior Architecture Program prepares designers who are thinking globally, actively engaging in dynamic design processes, and creating imaginative solutions which promote the awareness and knowledge of the contributions of interior design to health, safety, and the welfare of people in a sustainable built environment. Graduates aspire to be active lifelong problem solvers, seeking to adapt current knowledge and emerging trends to meet the demands of a future marketplace.
(Click image to learn more about Interior Architecture at ETSU.)
Degree Requirements: 120 credits
|Major Total Requirement
Suggested Four-Year Program of Study: INAC-BS
General Education Requirements
These requirements include earning 41-42 credits in Communication, Humanities and Fine Arts, Social and Behavior Sciences, History, Natural Sciences and Mathematics categories.
Major Specific courses listed in General Education Requirements
Interior Architecture Major Requirements: 79 credits
Note: Must earn a grade of “C-” (1.7) or higher in all studio classes to progress through program curriculum. Courses are indicated below with *
- ARTH 2020 - Art History Survey II (3 credits)
- ENTC 2410 - Construction Fundamentals (4 credits)
- ENTC 2060 - Project Scheduling (3 credits)
- INTD 1105 - Interior Architecture Fundamentals (3 credits)
- INTD 2105 - Historical Interiors I (3 credits)
- INTD 2110 - Design for Human Behavior (3 credits)
- INTD 2205 - Historical Interiors II (1-3 credits) (must take 3 credits)
- INTD 2210 - Materials and Finishes (3 credits)
- INTD 3105 - Interior Building Systems & Components (3 credits)
- INTD 3205 - Lighting (3 credits)
- INTD 4105 - Professional Practices in Interior Architecture (3 credits)
- INTD 4205 - Interior Architecture Internship (4 credits)
- INTD 4225 - Sustainable Design Seminar (3 credits)
- MKTG 3215 - Consumer Textiles (3 credits)
- INTD 1115 - Architectural Drafting: Studio I (4 credits) *
- INTD 1215 - Visual Communication: Studio II (4 credits) *
- INTD 2115 - Computer Apps and Making: Studio III (4 credits) *
- INTD 2215 - Residential Design: Studio IV (4 credits) *
- INTD 3115 - Commercial Studio I: Studio V (4 credits) *
- INTD 3215 - Commercial Design 2: Studio VI (4 credits) *
- INTD 4115 - Mixed-use Design: Studio VII (4 credits) *
- INTD 4215 - Senior Design Studio: Studio VIII (4 credits) *
- Design-related Elective (3 credits)
Choose from: ARTA 1110 , ARTA 1201 , ARTA 1204 , ARTA 2200 , COMM 2090 , COMM 3380 , COMM 3390 , COMM 4346 , ENTC 2160 , ENTC 2420 , ENTC 3020 , ENTC 3050 , ENTC 3710 , ENTC 4417 , ENTC 4900 , GEOS 2500 , STOR 2500 , Any ACCT course, Any FNCE course, Any 3000+ MGMT course
Click here to view Degree and Graduation Requirements for all ETSU students.
CSCI 1100 or Proficiency Exam: Must be completed to meet Bachelor’s Degree Requirements.
Most minors range from 18-24 credits. Those few minors with more than 24 credits may affect the number of free electives allowed.
Interior Architecture students have the opportunity to attend a summer international study component in Rome, Italy. The course of study includes 4 courses (13 credits). Contact the program coordinator for complete details.