General Program Information
Graduate School Contact:
Linda Raines; firstname.lastname@example.org; 423-439-6158
Mauro Palmero, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Sport Management Program Coordinator
Chris Ayres, M.S., Associate Professor, Department Chair
Chris Ayres; Jason Davis; Andy Dotterweich; R.J. Elbin, Hugh Lamont, Gary Lhotsky, Diana Mozen; Mike Ramsey; Mike Stone.
Master of Arts in Kinesiology and Sport Studies
The Department of Kinesiology, Leisure and Sport Sciences offers the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Kinesiology and Sport Studies with concentrations in Exercise Physiology and Performance, and Sport Management. These concentrations are designed to prepare students in rehabilitation programs; corporate and community wellness programs, athletic administration, sport management, motorsport management, and advanced graduate studies.
Program Admission Requirements
The following are required for admission into the M.A. in Kinesiology and Sport Sciences graduate program:
- An undergraduate degree in physical education, exercise science, sport management, or closely related field;
- GRE scores (Sport Management concentration will accept GMAT in lieu of GRE);
- 2.7 cumulative undergraduate grade point average on a 4.0 scale;
- Resume and contact information for at least three academic references;
- Essay explaining goals and reasons for desiring to study with the Department of KLSS and ETSU.