Phone: (423) 439-5804
The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree with three (3) areas of concentration: Computing Major, B.S. (Computer Science Concentration) , Computing Major, B.S. (Information Systems Concentration) , and Computing Major, B.S. (Information Technology Concentration) . The Information Systems Concentration requires an emphasis in Management or Accountancy.
In order to remain in good standing, a computing major must attain:
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or better; and
- A GPA of 2.5 or better in all computing courses; and
- A grade of “B-” or better in CSCI 1250 and CSCI 1260 .
- A grade of “C-” or better in all other major requirements. This includes both common core and concentration-specific courses and all courses from other departments that satisfy major requirements.
- A minimum grade of “C” in ENGL 1010 and ENGL 1020 .
All concentrations must complete 124 credit hours, including the ETSU General Education Requirements, the common computing core, and the concentration-specific courses.
All computing majors or minors may attempt CSCI courses a maximum of three times. An attempt is defined as registering for and remaining enrolled in a course after the third week of the semester. (Withdrawing from a course after the third week of the semester is considered an attempt.) Computing majors and minors will be required to change their program of study if these requirements cannot be met.
CISC majors must pass the proficiency exam or complete CSCI 1100 CSCI 1100 - Using Information Technology prior to accumulating 30 semester credit hours.