Mar 28, 2020
General Program Information
Graduate School Contact:
Fiona Goodyear; email@example.com; 423-439-6148
Karin Keith, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department Chair and Graduate Coordinator
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
PO Box 70684
401A Warf-Pickel Hall
Tina Hudson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Graduate Coordinator
Department of Educational Foundations and Special Education
PO Box 70548
423 Warf-Pickel Hall
Admission Requirements for the School of Graduate Studies:
- Applicants who meet the following criteria may be admitted unconditionally.
- Completion of all requirements for admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Completion of the PRAXIS 1 exams in reading, writing, and math with a passing score or a professional education license.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
Admission Requirements for the Response to Intervention Certificate
- Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree in a teaching field (e.g., secondary, special education, general education)
- Applicants must have applied and been accepted into the ETSU School of Graduate studies
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have a copy of a valid and current teaching license (can be a graduate who is not yet teaching or is currently teaching)
Core Requirements: 15 credit hours
Those seeking a Reading Specialist endorsement may transfer up to 9 credit hours into the M.Ed. in Reading upon approval from the graduate coordinator. All transfer credit must meet GPA requirements and must be within the six-year matriculation limit.