May 31, 2023
Department of Management, Marketing, Supply Chain
PO Box 70625
Phone: (423) 439-4422
225 Sam Wilson Hall
Web address: www.etsu.edu/cbat/mgmtmkt/
The Department of Management and Marketing includes a Management program, a Marketing program, and a Supply Chain Management program. The Management program offers study leading to the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree with a major in Management. Management majors must select one of four concentrations: General Management, Human Resources Management, International Business, or Legal Studies. The Marketing program offers study leading to the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree with a major in Marketing. Marketing majors must select one of four concentrations: Integrated Marketing Communications, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Management or Fashion Marketing and Merchandising. The Supply Chain Management program offers study leading to the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree with a major in Supply Chain Management. Supply Chain Management majors must select one of three concentrations: Supply Chain Operations and Analytics, Supply Chain Marketing, or Supply Chain Leadership. Programs are designed to equip students with conceptual foundations and practical skills necessary for entry-level positions in both private and public-sector organizations.
B.B.A. Program Grade Requirement Policy
- Students pursuing a B.B.A. degree must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 in all business core requirements and all major program requirements to graduate. Majors and/or concentrations may specify a higher level of performance for students earning a degree in their program.
- Students pursuing a B.B.A. degree must earn a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in all B.B.A. core courses, all concentration courses, all major specific courses listed in general education requirements, and all courses taken as concentration electives, including courses transferred from another institution. Majors and/or concentrations may specify a higher level of performance specific to students earning a degree in their program.
- A student may attempt a given B.B.A. core course, concentration course, major specific course listed in general education requirements, and/or course taken as concentration elective a maximum of 3 times to earn the required minimum grade. Earning a grade in the course, including W or WF, counts as an attempt. If a student, following a third attempt to take a given course, fails to earn a grade that meets the standard for minimal performance in that course as specified in the catalog, the student will be barred from further opportunity to enroll in that course. If this course is integral to that student’s current program of study, the student will be required to change his/her program of study. Depending on the course, this may disqualify the student from continuing in one or more concentrations or in the major.
- A student may file an appeal with the B.B.A. Appeals Committee requesting a fourth attempt to take a course.
- Students must successfully complete the Senior Business Exam (SBE) prior to beginning the capstone course MGMT 4910 - Strategic Management . The SBE is administered at the end of the fall and spring semesters. Failure to successfully complete the SBE will result in the student being removed from the course.
Degree Requirements: 120 credits
|Major & B.B.A. Requirements
| B.B.A. Core
|| (39 credits)
| Major Core
|| (18 credits)
|| (12 credits)
| Advisor Approved Electives
|| (6 credits)
|| 3-4 credits
Suggested Four-Year Program of Study: SCMG-BBA (SCMK)
Residency policy: At least 50 percent of the B.B.A major program requirements for the B.B.A. degree must be earned at ETSU.
General Education Requirements
These requirements include earning 41-42 credits in Communication, Humanities and Fine Arts, Social and Behavior Sciences, History, Natural Sciences and Mathematics categories.
Major Specific courses listed in General Education Requirements:
Total Requirements for Supply Chain Management Major & B.B.A. Core: 75 credits
B.B.A. Core Requirements: 39 credits
Supply Chain Management Core: 18 credits
Supply Chain Marketing Concentration: 12 credits
Advisor Approved Electives: 6 credits
Choose two of the following for 6 credits.
Free Electives: 3-4 credits
Click here to view Degree and Graduation Requirements for all ETSU students.
CSCI 1100 or Proficiency exam: Must be completed to meet Bachelor’s Degree Requirements, is a prerequisite for ECON 2080 , and is recommended to be completed within the first 30 credits at ETSU.
Most minors range from 18-24 credits. Those few minors with more than 24 credits may affect the number of free electives allowed.